Wednesday, January 27, 2016

being a mom

i remember before i was a mom, i had all sorts of worries about motherhood. and one of them was how i would like it. not that i didn't like kids, or want my own, but i really worried i would feel "bored" and "tied down" being home with them all day! i didn't babysit very much but when i did as a kid and young adult, i did feel rather bored.. perhaps because it wasn't at my own home, or with my own kids, or cause the kids just wanted to watch tv the whole time, but it was a bit mind numbing to me! 

now that i am a mother i think how silly those worries were. i absolutely love being a mom. there's hardly a dull moment and i'm probably the LEAST bored i have ever been! every day is an adventure with these little ones, even if we never set foot outside our door!

and as far as being "tied down"... it's true, i'm very limited on what i can do. and at times i do need a break, but at the same time i don't think i've ever felt so liberated- to play such a substantial role in someone else's life gives so much more value to what i do and the person i am. i feel it drives me, motivates me, and inspires me to strive to be better in every aspect of my life. don't get me wrong, it's definitely challenging! but never in my life have i done anything so worthwhile.


i really do love what i do
and i am so grateful for my children. all their little examples of goodness are like rays of light to my life. i learn so much from them and so often i thank heaven that i
could be so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment